Fisheries Research & Information Center, Bhutnal, Vijayapura
Fisheries Research and Information Center, Bhutnal, Vijayapura was established in 2010 and is working under premises of KVAFSU, Bidar. Earlier it was under Dept. of Fisheries, GoK. The total area of the centre is 9.04 acre. i.e (2.04, 1.0, 2.0, 4.0 acre) receptively.
- Demonstrate composite fish culture and fresh water prawn culture to farmers
- Demonstrate Improved technologies for breeding and rearing of species suitable for Inland aquaculture
- Demonstrate revenue generation through ornamental fish culture and seed production.
- Carry out research on genetics, breeding, nutrition, health, rearing practices and marketing of inland fish/prawn species.
- Provide service like soil and water testing, disease diagnosis of fish etc.