Livestock Research & Information Center (Deoni), Hallikhed (B), Bidar
Ongoing research projects
- Field Performance Recording of Deoni cattle in Bidar District
- Funded by Karnataka Livestock Development Agency (Rs. 60 lakhs)
- Performance recording of Deoni cattle
- Identification of elite Deoni cattle in Bidar district
- Establishment of a Model Deoni Cattle Farm in Bidar District
- Funded by Karnataka Livestock Development Agency (Rs. 100 lakhs)
- Creation of infrastructure for 50 elite Deoni cattle
- Following elite Deoni bull calves have been supplied to semen stations for inclusion in the Artificial Insemination programme:
- Livestock Breeding Training Centre, Dharwad, Dept. of AH&VS, Govt. of Karnataka 3 calves
- Rahuri Semen Station, NDDB, Maharashtra 1 calf
- Cattle Breeding Training Centre, Munirabad, Dept. of AH&VS, Govt. of Karnataka 5 calves
- LRIC (Deoni) has been awarded First Prize in Deoni breed category at the Krishi Mela held at KVK, Bidar during 11-13 December, 2015.
- LRIC (Deoni) has been awarded Second Prize overall at the Pashu Mela held at Sindhanur during 05-07 January, 2019.