Fisheries Research & Information Center (Inland), Hebbal, Bengaluru
The Fisheries Research and Information Centre (Inland) was established in 2002 at adjacent to the Hebbal lake with a mandate of research on the following aspects.
- Demonstrate composite fish culture and fresh water prawn culture to farmers
- Demonstrate Improved technologies for breeding and rearing fish/prawn species suitable for Inland aquaculture
- Demonstrate revenue generation through ornamental fish culture
- Carryout research on genetics, breeding, nutrition, health, rearing practices and marketing of inland fish/prawn species.
- Provide the service of soil and water testing, disease diagnosis of fish